Thursday, March 13, 2014

Day 49 : Glasses On a Table : 3D


All right, this is much more of a technical experiment than an artistic image. Wanted to really focus on building some good wood shaders along with more realistic glass modeling. Think it turned out pretty well and I'm looking forward to using these techniques in future projects.  


The real challenge I had with the wood was I wanted to create something that was able to use a single input texture. Once I got a good setup with the shaders I was able to tweak the setting to get it to the point where the glossy shader is less intense in the etched and scratched sections and the bump is still generated by the base texture.  This shader setup will also be fairly easy for me to adapt to other image textures as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment